About ISO/IEC 17025
ISO/IEC 17025 is the international standard that contains all of the requirements that testing and calibration laboratories have to meet if they are to demonstrate that they operate a quality system, are technically competent and are able to generate technically valid results. The 17025 standard is focused on legally responsible entities that provide test and calibration services, either as a stand-alone business or as a part of a larger organization.
The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation includes all of the elements of ISO 9000 but then goes on to ask:
• Are appropriate test procedures in use?
• Will the procedure produce accurate results?
• Are the procedures validated to produce accuracy?
• Are effective quality control procedures in effect?
• Is there an understanding of the science?
• Do the procedures have limitations?
• Are technical deviations foreseen and are there coping mechanisms?
• Does the lab have all of the appropriate equipment to perform the described procedures?
The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation indicates technical credibility and an expectation of valid results for specific tests or calibrations. Laboratories with ISO 9000 registration alone cannot make the same claim.
OCS is accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board to the demanding ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard for calibration laboratories.
ANAB is recognized internationally in accrediting organizations to ISO/IEC 17025. This recognition assures global acceptance of ANAB-accredited laboratories' test reports and calibration certificates for the purposes of free trade and regulatory acceptance. ANAB maintains membership in the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and it’s regional cooperations, APLAC and IAAC.
For more information about the ILAC visit the ILAC website
If you have any questions about our ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation, please email or call him at 800.362.0364.